Neighbourhood Profile: Northlands
Library in Northlands:
- Park Gate LibraryLocation: 3675 Banff Court, Deep Cove, North Vancouver Telephone: 604.929.3727 Hours: Monday – Friday 10am -9pm Saturday – 10am – 5pm, Sundays 12 noon to 5pm Closed statutory holidays and adjacent Sundays After Hours Info Telecirc – 604.981.3190
Recreation in Northlands
Mount Seymour Provincial Park Located just 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver, Mount Seymour Provincial Park has been enjoyed by generations of Lower Mainland residents. The park offers viewpoints overlooking the city of Vancouver and east over Indian Arm Provincial Park. There are opportunities for bird and wildlife viewing and four areas for day-use picnicking are available. There are several lakes in the park. Elsay Lake is the largest. Its waters and those of De Pencier, Gopher and Goldie drain eastward to Indian Arm. Some of the smaller lakes and ponds feed their waters west to the Seymour River. Mount Seymour Provincial Park boasts an extensive trail network; many of the trails lead to vantage points, notable park features, and spectacular lookouts. For more information click here.
Mount Seymour is a mountain located in Mount Seymour Provincial Park in the District of North Vancouver. It is a part of the North Shore Mountains, rising to the north from the shores of Burrard Inlet and Indian Arm to a summit of 1,449 m (4,754 ft) above the Indian River and Deep Cove neighbourhoods. Mount Seymour is most commonly identified for its ski area of the same name, and as a popular hiking and mountain biking area. It is named in honour of Frederick Seymour, second governor of the Colony of British Columbia. The Mount Seymour ski area has four lifts, the Mystery Peak, Brockton, and Lodge double chairlifts, and the Goldie Lake Ropetow. A fourth double chairlift, the Ridge Chair was destroyed in a windstorm in 1998, and is currently still standing, though gradually rotting away. Another beginner lift, the Enquist Ropetow was removed in the early 1990s. The area offers 330 m (1,083 ft) of vertical drop and about 1,000 cm (394 in) of annual snowfall. Skiing and snowboarding are available on 39 marked trails and many unmarked routes. The longest trail is 1.6 km (1 mi) long and 18 of the trails have night lighting. Five additional terrain parks exist for freestyle activities. Terrain has also been developed for snowtubing and tobogganing. Guided and unguided snowshoeing takes place on a separate 10 km (6 mi) network of maintained trails. Backcountry access for snowshoeing and camping is permitted. http://www.mountseymour.com
Parkgate Park A big, wide open Park with two ball diamonds, a soccer field, a kids play area and a trail for cyclists, walkers and runners. Parkgate Park is a big, wide open park with two ball diamonds, a soccer field, a kids play area and a trail for cyclists, walkers and runners. This park has something for everyone.
- Location: North end of Parkgate Avenue
- Size: This park is 5.7 hectares.
- Community park, fieldhouse, playground, walking and hiking, washrooms, parking.
- Seniors’ Wellness Park: 18 reinforced machines for cardio, strength, flexibility and rehabilitation, and soft mat area
- Taylor creek forest trail, parking, playground, seating area, natural area, creek.
- Dogs permitted on leash.
Restaurants in Northlands
- Kostas Taverna at Parkgate Villagehttp://www.kostastaverna.net/ | Team Clarke Favourite: Saganaki & Chicken Souvlaki
- Litte Caesar’s Pizza at Parkgate Village
Shopping in Northlands:
- Parkgate Village. Parkgate Village is located in Northlands. This strip mall is home to restaurants, coffee shops, services, grocery store, pharmacy and banks. http://www.parkgatevillage.ca/Store Directory and phone numbers
Community and Recreation in Northlands
- Park Gate Community Recreation Centre Location: 3625 Banff Court, Deep Cove, North Vancouver, BC Phone: 604.983.6350 Size: 45,000 square feet About: 14,000 sq. ft. Gymnasium, climbing wall, a 2,500 sq. ft. weight room, arts & crafts studio with pottery wheels & a kiln, child & family centre, licenced childcare facility, resource centre for parents, caregivers & children, multi-purpose rooms.
Current Real Estate Listings in Northlands, North Vancouver
#26 1550 Larkhall Crescent, North Vancouver
RE/MAX 2000 Realty
- 3 bed
- 3 bath
- 2,177 sqft
- Built in 1994
#18 1550 Larkhall Crescent, North Vancouver
Royal LePage Sussex - Edmonds Advantage
- 3 bed
- 3 bath
- 1,845 sqft
- Built in 1994
#49 1550 Larkhall Crescent, North Vancouver
VIRANI REAL ESTATE ADVISORS
- 4 bed
- 3 bath
- 1,994 sqft
- Built in 1994
#308 3680 Banff Court, North Vancouver
Royal LePage Sussex
- 2 bed
- 2 bath
- 1,355 sqft
- Built in 1992
If you’re not seeing any property results on this page, it means there aren’t any current listings for this search query. Please visit our property search to expand your search past this area.
Copyright and Disclaimer
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.